- The annual fundraising Barn Day Sale: May 28 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and May 29 from 10 a.m. to noon. Aside from the sale, there’ll be morning baked goods and lunchtime food and refreshments. There is a ribbon cutting at 9 a.m. sharp.
- The Old Store Gift Shop will open at 10 a.m.
- Sherman Memorial Day Parade: On Sunday, May 29, come in Colonial costumes, or in a favorite red, white and blue outfit. All marchers should meet at Judd's Corner (by Spring Lake Road), on Route 39 North by 12:30 p.m. (The road will be closed for the parade). The parade begins at 1 p.m.
- Women’s Soirée at the Sherman Library: Friday, May 27, from 7 to 9 p.m. There will be champagne, hors d’oeuvres, raffles, door prizes and a silent auction of new and like-new handbags, scarves, jewelry and watches -- all donated to support the library. It’s $25, and tickets are available at the library. RSVP to SL@biblio.org or call 860-354-2455. The Sherman Library is at 1 Sherman Center.
- Sherman Library Book Sale: Saturday, May 28: There will be thousands of books, plus rare books, audio books and DVDs.
- Jewish Community Center Tag Sale: Sale is on Saturday, May 28, and Sunday, May 29. The JCC is located at 9 Route 39 South.
For more information, click here or call 860-354-3083.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.