DANBURY/BROOKFIELD, Conn. — Planning to watch the Danbury fireworks on Saturday evening from a boat on Candlewood Lake?
The Brookfield Police Department advises boaters to watch this quick video for some safety tips for the fireworks display. The video was made by the Candlewood Lake Authority.
The Danbury fireworks will begin at about dusk.
Here are a few important safety tips:
- The boat must have working navigation lights, and a white stern/anchor light.
- One appropriately sized life jacket (PFD) is required for each person onboard.
- One throwable PFD is required to be onboard and readily accessible.
- During and after the fireworks display, the speed limit in congested areas is reduced to a SLOW/NO WAKE zone.
- Failure to comply with these safety tips will result in your vessel being turned away from the checkpoint and sent home.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.