NEW FAIRFIELD, Conn. – New Fairfield Day is to return to the town on Saturday, Sept. 17, bringing a farmers market and various other attractions to the town center between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m., according to officials.
The farmers market is scheduled to start the day followed by other events to promote the “walkability” of New Fairfield and its local businesses, according to organizers.
The Housatonic Area Regional Transportation, or HART will provide a trolley for those who prefer transportation over foot power, according to organizers.
In the event of rain, New Fairfield Day – now in its fourth year – will take place on Sunday, Sept. 18, according to organizers.
Among the groups and attractions slated to appear are:
- The famous scarecrows created by the students at the Consolidated School
- The Civil Air Patrol
- The New Fairfield Volunteer Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Day
- FEMA Storm preparedness
- New Fairfield Animal Hospital
- Primerica Financial Services – Bill Forester
- It Makes Scents/Scentsy sales and parties
- Danielle McDermott
- Tick Prevention – Olga Simoncelli
- At Home Vet
- Rebels Care
- Community Service Club
- Friends of New Fairfield Library
- The Republican Town Committee
- The Democratic Town Committee
- The New Fairfield Historical Society
- Chloe and Isabell - Jewelry Komlo Preserve
- The Land Trust – providing guided tours of historical homes
- The Preserve New Fairfield Senior Center
Other scheduled groups and attractions include:
- Tai Chi
- SunAngel Fitness- spinning classes
- A face painter on Veterans Green
- A Veterans Display
- The Candlewood Amateur Ham Radio club
- New Fairfield Baseball
- The New Fairfield Lions
- The Candlewood Lions Club
- The Boy Scouts
- The Girl Scouts
- A Touch-a-Truck event held in the upper parking lot.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.