BROOKFIELD, Conn. — Adults, teens, and children can satisfy their sweet toothes and learn cooking skills along the way at Sweet Rewards bakery in Brookfield this month.
The following children’s classes are on the schedule:
- Super Bowl Sunday Football Cookies, Feb. 7; young chefs will help roll and cut out cookies, then decorate them.
- Penguin Cupcakes, Feb. 21; kids will bake vanilla cupcakes, then make penguin decorations for the cupcakes.
- Rice Krispie Craze, Feb. 28; kids will make krispie bars in a variety of flavors and shapes.
In addition to the Sunday classes, there will be winter break programs, including:
- Edible Princess Crown, Feb. 17
- Edible Roses, Feb. 18
- Edible Teddy Bear, Feb. 19
The bake shop also will host a cake balls class for couples on Feb. 11 from 6 to 8 p.m. Participants will make a dozen cake balls in various flavors.
Children’s classes are $25 each, or two siblings for $40. The adult class is $40 per couple.
In addition to the classes, Sweet Rewards is offering kits so that you can create your own Valentine’s Day cookies. The kits, which cost $12 each, contain six fresh butter cookies covered in white fondant and decorating materials, including paintbrushes, sprinkles, decorating sugars, and food coloring cups. Orders must be placed by Feb. 10 for pickup from Feb. 12 to 14.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.