SHERMAN, Conn. -- Kyle Winters, from Sherman, has been selected for the White House spring 2016 internship program. Winters graduated from the Canterbury School in New Milford and is a student at DePauw University, in Indiana.
The mission of the program is to make the White House accessible to future leaders around the nation and to prepare those devoted to public service for future leadership opportunities. A White House Internship provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills.
Interns work in one of several White House departments, including the National Economic Council, the Office of Communications, the Office of the First Lady, the Office of Legislative Affairs, the Office of Presidential Correspondence and the Office of the Vice President, among others.
There are other spring 2016 White House interns with ties to Connecticut, as well:
- Evan Freeman, from Baltimore; attended Yale University
- Tina Lapsia, of Trumbull; attended the University of Connecticut
- Matthew Stone, from Chicago; attended Yale University
- Dean Velodota, from Southington; attended George Washington University, in D.C.
- Miriam Young, from West Hartford; attended George Washington University, in D.C.
For more information about the White House Internship Program, click here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.