UPDATE : FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — You had to get up pretty early to spend your Fourth of July at Squantz Pond State Park in New Fairfield.
The park was full to parking capacity and closed to new vehicles as of 8 a.m. Tuesday, July 4th, the state announced via Twitter.
And by 11 a.m. Tuesday, Indian Well State Park in Shelton was also closed.
Connecticut's state parks were proving to be popular destinations on a sunny Independence Day: The following parks were also closed to new vehicles by 11 a.m.:
- Indian Well State Park in Shelton
- Stratton Brook State Park in Simsbury
- Rocky Neck State Park in East Lyme
- Mount Tom State Park in Litchfield
- Quaddick State Park in Thompson
- Gardner Lake State Park in Salem
- Bigelow Hollow State Park in Union
- Miller's Pond Srate Park in Durham
- Pattaconk Lake State Recreation Area in Chester
- Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middletown
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.