BROOKFIELD, Conn. -- Brookfield Democrats are looking for people to contribute a few hours a month to help make their community a great place to live.
There will also be several openings on elected town boards in the November 2017 election. The Brookfield Democratic Town Committee welcomes interest in these positions as they begin to put together a slate of candidates for 2017.
The application process is simply to email Christine Hand, the Chair of the Vacancy Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the Vacancy Interest Form online at their website .
Brookfield’s elected boards include: Board of Finance, Board of Education, Planning Commission, Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Board of Selectmen. Every elected official in Brookfield started out taking an interest in contributing to the town.
For those who are interested in any of the positions, click here. Current vacancies include:
- Arts Commission (3 Regular)
- Brookfield Energy Ad Hoc Committee (1 Regular)
- Cable Advisory Council for Charter (2 Regular)
- Commission on Aging (2 Alternate)
- Conservation Commission (1 Alternate)
- Housing Authority (1 Regular)
- Inland Wetlands Commission (1 Alternate)
- Lake Lillanonah Authority (1 Regular)
- Municipal Building Committee (2 Alternate)
- Municipal Historian (1 Regular)
- Planning Commission (2 Alternate)
- Water Pollution Control Authority (1 Alternate)
- Zoning Citation Hearing Officer (2 Alternate)
- Zoning Board of Appeals (2 Alternate)
- Zoning Commission (1 Alternate)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.