Brookfield, Conn. — Brookfield Democrats have nominated a full slate of candidates, led by their incumbent First Selectman Steve Dunn and Selectwoman Sue Slater.
"When I was first elected First Selectman two years ago, what I quickly learned was that Brookfield succeeds when all of our elected officials are working toward a common goal," Dunn said. "I could not be more proud of these candidates and I know that if elected they will work tirelessly to ensure that Brookfield realizes the potential we all know it has."
The Brookfield Democrats are running a full slate of candidates for the fall elections. Here are the nominees:
- First Selectman – Steve Dunn
- Selectman – Sue Slater
- Board of Finance — Lisa Erman, Eileen Koch, John Pitt, Ricky Ramos, Alan Walp,
- Board of Education — Debbie Brooks, Mary Cappiello, Rosa Fernandes, Jen Laden
- Planning Commission — Paul Barba, Tammie Larson, Bruce Macdonald
- Zoning Commission — Chris Barnes, Jamie Klavans, Tony Fernandes
- Zoning Board of Appeals — Joe Fuccillo, Leslie Ruggiero, Louise Trojanowski-Marconi, Juliana Zach
- Board of Assessment Appeals — Julie Blick, Francis Lollie
- Town Clerk — Andrea DiStephan
"We have begun seeing the change that we are working toward in Brookfield, and want to continue to encourage the fresh perspectives and ideas that new candidates provide," Slater said. “Every one of our candidates is strong. This might be the most experienced slate we’ve had in Brookfield.”
U.S. Rep. Elizabeth Esty expressed her enthusiasm for the slate. "I am incredibly impressed by the candidates on this year's slate," Esty said. "These are people that really care about their town and are committing themselves to solving problems and serving their neighbors. If they're given the opportunity, I know that this group can accomplish great things for Brookfield."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.